The Carbon Nanotubes is a cylindrical shaped substance. These are made from the carbon, with the width that can be measured on the scale of nanometer.
The Carbon Nanotubes are of numerous shapes that differ in their length, width, the number of layers and the types. Though these are made from fundamentally the similar sheet of graphite, but their electrical features differ due the dissimilarity. Like some act as metals and some as the semiconductors.
Properties of Carbon nanotubes
The useful properties of the carbon nanotubes have forced the researchers to use them in numerous fields. For instance, since carbon nanotubes have the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any known material, the researchers of NASA combine the carbon nanotubes with different items to make such material which could be helpful to make the spacecraft with light weight.
The Potential Applications of the Carbon Nanotubes
These tubes like graphite structures have more enhanced features and functions that make them really useful in a huge variety of the applications in the optics, the electronics, and many fields of the science. The Carbon nanotubes are capable of remarkably the properties of high material. These properties are near to their hypothetical restrictions, like as the thermal and electrical conductivity, stiffness, toughness and the strength.
The technology of Carbon Nanotubes can be utilized for a number of new applications that are:
• In the Conductive plastics
• Used For the Structural composite materials
• Used for Flat-panel displays
• Used for Gas storage
• Used for Antifouling paint
• Used for Micro- and nano-electronics
• Used in the coating of Radar-absorbing
• Used in Technical textiles
• Used as the Ultra-capacitors
• Used for Atomic Force Microscope tips
• Used for the Batteries with better lifetime
• Used as Bio sensors for the damaging gases
• Used as the additional strong fibers